Painless Dentistry with
Are you dreading your next dental appointment? Do you feel anxious and uncomfortable at the thought of sitting in the dental chair? We, the team of Nxtdent Dental Clinic, have some great news for the ones who are silently enduring their dental pains. We've got the best solution for you: Laughing Gas Dentistry!
Laughing gas, also known as nitrous oxide, is a safe, effective and non-invasive sedative that can help you feel calm and relaxed during your dental procedure. With laughing gas dentistry, you can say goodbye to your dental fears and hello to a comfortable, stress-free experience. It is an excellent option for patients who are nervous about undergoing dental treatments like wisdom tooth surgery, dental implants or root canal therapy.Overall, laughing gas can be a great option for kids as well as adult patients who are looking to make their dental experience more comfortable and less stressful. If you're nervous about undergoing dental treatment, we are here to assure you a painless treatment experience.
5 Benefits of Laughing gas in Dentistry
Some of the benefits of laughing gas in dentistry include:
1. Quick onset and recovery time: Nitrous oxide gas is fast-acting and typically takes effect within minutes of inhalation. It wears off quickly after the procedure, so patients can usually drive themselves home afterward.
2. Reduced anxiety and fear: Laughing gas is anxiolytic which can help to reduce anxiety and fear of pain while undergoing invasive dental treatments, making the experience more comfortable for the patient.
3. Increased pain tolerance: Laughing gas can also increase a patient's pain threshold, allowing them to tolerate uncomfortable or painful procedures more easily.
4. Easy to administer: Nitrous oxide is a gas that is administered through a small mask that fits over the nose, making it easy and convenient to use. Small procedures can even reduce the need of local anaesthetics which otherwise need to be injected.
5. Safe for most patients: Laughing gas is considered safe for most patients, including children, pregnant women, and patients with certain medical conditions.
Overall, laughing gas is a safe and effective option for patients who avoid dental treatments out of fear and painful past experiences. It can help to make the experience more comfortable and less stressful, while also allowing the dentist to perform necessary treatments more efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Laughing gas is easily administered.
If you're afraid of needles, you're in luck! Nitrous oxide does not require an injection for administration. Instead, laughing gas is administered through a small mask that fits over your nose.
As you breathe in the gas, the anaesthetic is absorbed through the lungs. you'll feel a sense of euphoria and relaxation wash over you, leaving you feeling calm and comfortable throughout your procedure.
Yes, Laughing gas sedation is absolutely safe for your children. It has been in use in Paediatric dentistry for more than a decade and is proven to be safe and effective.
Yes, laughing gas sedation is possible in adults. In fact Nxtdent Dental Clinic is one of the only dental clinics of Surat offering the service for adults as well as kids. It is great for adults with dental anxiety as laughing gas helps them feel relaxed throughout the procedure.
The use of laughing gas sedation is safe under the care of the dentist. It should not be considered as risky but may show some side effects when sedation starts to wear off. The most common side effects are headaches and nausea. In the case of children, they might feel groggy and agitated or might vomit if they eat too much before your appointment. Don’t worry! Our team will guide you with some Dos and don'ts to make your experience uneventful. Usually the symptoms go away quickly once the laughing gas is turned off.
The effects of gas can be felt within a few minutes and wears off within five minutes after the gas is stopped. The sedation effect takes anywhere from 30 seconds to three or four minutes to begin. The patient's cheeks and gums will also begin to feel numb in about a third of the patients. After treatment, patients are free of the gas' effects.
The best part about laughing gas dentistry, unlike other types of sedation, is that it's completely safe. The effect of laughing gas wears off within a few minutes after the gas is stopped.You'll be able to drive yourself home after your appointment and get back to your normal routine right away
At Nxtdent, we specialise in using laughing gas to make your dental experience a breeze.
With laughing gas, you'll feel a sense of euphoria and relaxation that will melt away any anxiety or discomfort you may have been feeling. And the best part? Laughing gas takes effect quickly, so you'll be feeling calm and comfortable in no time. We are there to ensure that your dental appointment is stress-free and painless.